How to Open and Set Up Your COTI Pay VIPER Wallet
This step-by-step guide will instruct on how to open your COTI Pay wallet
*Disclaimer: make sure to keep safe sensitive information and never share it with anyone.
Step 1: open a CPS (COTI Payment System) account
To access COTI’s Trustchain MainNet wallet, or any other current and future COTI products, you will first need to open a CPS (COTI Payment System) account, the getaway to the COTI network.
- Click “Join here” and sign up
2. Verify your email and fill in your details
3. Verify your account. Click here for our full verification guide.
The team will review your documents and contact you via email once your account is verified.
*The verification process usually takes 3–5 business days.
Step 2: open your COTI Pay VIPER wallet
- Log in to your CPS account and COTI Pay VIPER wallet at once: pay.coti.io
2. You will be required to set your Secret Key. Make sure that MainNet is selected. Create your Secret Key and click the “Set secret key” button.
**Choose your own Secret Key and store it securely. It’s extremely important to keep it safe because you’ll need it to restore your seed in case you forget it (If you lose your secret key, there is no way to restore it and your funds will be lost).
3. A Seed has been generated for you. Make sure to copy it and keep it safe before you click the “I’ve written it down” button!
You can only generate one new seed once per account. Although the system will allow you to generate a second seed, you won’t be able to connect to your wallet with it.
4. After you’ve copied and saved your Seed, and clicked the button, you are redirected to your wallet login page. You can now login with your Seed or with your Secret Key. Choose your preferred way.
- Make sure you “MainNet” is selected
- Select the node to connect to (the node you choose defines only the fee you will pay through each transaction you make from your wallet. You can read more about it here).
Congratulations and welcome to your new COTI Pay VIPER wallet!
Step 3: generate a wallet address
- In your wallet overview, click on “Addresses”, then click “Generate address”.
2. The newly generated address will appear in your addresses list. You can generate as many addresses as you wish to and manage all the addresses in your Address Book.
- Do not share your seed or secret key with anyone under any circumstance. Your seed and private key are similar to your bank account password.
- Do not share your personal details on any media channel.
- If you have any doubt, contact us at email@example.com.
For all of our updates and to join the conversation, be sure to check out our channels:
Technical whitepaper: https://coti.io/files/COTI-technical-whitepaper.pdf